WELCOME TO DEAD EFFECT!
The ESS Meridian starship is travelling through space with a new FTL technology, heading towards its destination - Tau Ceti f, the first planet in the history of mankind to be colonized. A few months later, a crew member is awakened from cryogenic sleep with Tau Ceti f nowhere in sight. Something is very wrong. What happened to all these people? Why are they so aggressive that they attack without any survival instincts?
- An immersive single-player campaign with a gripping story and over 7 hours of gameplay.
- Horror atmosphere and fast-paced action, accompanied by intense background music.
- Lifelike zombies and lots of detailed upgradable weapons.
- Voices provided by professional voice actors.
- The option to choose between two playable characters (male/female).
- The option to upgrade your character throughout the campaign.
- Two special abilities (Bullet-time and Devastation).
- Other challenging game modes to accompany the campaign missions.
- A few mini games to challenge the player.
Regarded as one of the best mobile FPS games of 2013.
"Dead Effect is fun and gory thrill ride."itouchandplay.de 90%
"Dead Effect is one of the greatest look iOS titles."arcadesushi.com 8.5/10
"Dead Effect is pretty awesome."capsulecomputers.com.au 9/10
"...an atmosphere like in the Alien-movies!"fabela-imag.com 85%
"Graphically, the game is top notch."toucharcade.com 4/5
"Dead Effect [...] strikes an impressive balance between humor and fear."modojo.com 4/5
What changed since Early Access?
The PC/MAC version of the game is a vastly improved version of the original Android/iOS title.
We’ve pumped up the graphical details, which now include richer environments, high resolution textures with normal and specular maps, real-time shadows, better particle effects and much more.
The story is expanded upon and can be uncovered by the player through tablets which are scattered across the levels, revealing what exactly happened to the crew of the ESS Meridian.
There are many new areas just waiting to be explored and much more enemies crawling around the ship, lurking on every corner. Of course, to deal with these deadly foes, we’ve given the players new abilities and mechanics that can be used in combat – such as Devastation and a stamina mechanic which allows the player character to sprint and dodge enemy attacks. We’ve also taken great care to respond to the player community and add some highly-requested features, such as ragdoll physics, the ability to shoot off enemies’ limbs and much more.
Foreign players can also try one of the available fan-made language mutations.